Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

In the past 36 hours since Saturday evening about 6:30 p.m., I have slept almost 31 of those hours. And the way I feel right now, I’m due for more zzzz’s.

I rallied to conduct choir rehearsal yesterday morning, and immediately came home afterwards on a beeline back to bed. Even before my medical advisory committee had a chance to weigh in last night, I had decided I should stay put and take it easy today. After last night’s rain, this morning is gloriously spring-like, with a light brisk wind and puffy white clouds billowing across the bright blue sky. It will be a shame to close the shutters on such a beautiful day, but close them, I will.

I’m not sure what this overwhelming fatigue means. Maybe it’s a good thing – my body building back up after all the drugs. If I don’t answer the phone, you’ll know why.

“A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” ~~Irish proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment