Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday, December 10, 2010

You know what they say about “no news being good news.” I’m hoping that’s the case, of course, but right now “no news” is. . .no news.

I did talk briefly with the Dana-Farber doctor yesterday, but he had not yet connected with his hematologist. He will call me back once he has.

In the meantime, I’m feeling more like my normal self all the time and I’m told I’m acting more like my usual self. I hear that’s a little frightening to my new assistant, whose first day on the job was my first day back in the office after the intensive September chemo. She says she has been glad she has been able to get oriented to the job while only seeing me at what everyone else assures her has been me at partial speed.

But I’m ramping back up. We are now in the crunch of wrapping up fall semester, having everything set for the start of spring semester right after the new year, and planning for the next academic year. In the midst of various university holiday parties, I’m feeling the pressure of getting things done that slid in August, September, and a lot of October. And, oh yes, there’s Christmas, and the planning of the really important things, like cookie decorating, the choir potluck, and caroling.

No comments:

Post a Comment