Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday evening, May 7, 2012


I simply forgot about dinner tonight, and everything else.  I have been playing for nearly two hours, and I feel I haven’t made a dent in getting re-acquainted with my piano.

It feels familiar in good ways. . .and different in good ways.  And I love, love, love the way it looks.

I’ve been asked what the first piece was going to be that I would play on it.  Without a doubt, it was going to be the Brahms Intermezzo Opus 118, No. 2, and for the record, it was.  After I built up some courage, I tried out some muscle memory with the Chopin 3rd Ballade in A-flat Major, Opus 47 and then skimmed my way through various Bach, Schumann, and Schubert numbers.  I didn't worry about not playing very well; I was just happy to be playing.  On my re-imagined, reconstituted piano.  I ended up with the Broadway showtunes and jazz pieces that have been favorites in this house for many years.  In between, I was giving phone reports to Akemi, Donald, Kelly, and Annette. 

Two blog posts in one day;  you can tell today was important.  Besides which,  I was a teen-ager the last time I put the priority on practicing over eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment